The BuhBurger looks mouth watering in the photo, especially with the adult beverage just next to it winking at you. With its beety interior adding some funky sweetness this easy to prepare burger is great for any time of the day.
- 1 small onion
- 500g good-quality beef mince
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 burger buns
- 1 large cooked beet
All or any of the following to serve: sliced maters, horseradish sauce, mayonnaise, ketchup, handful iceberg lettuce
- Prepare the beef burger patties: Dice the onion finely and add to the beef and egg in a bowl and mix.
- Prepare the beet slices : Make sure that your beets are cooked and slice lengthwise to
- Divide the mix into four pieces, wetting your hands slightly to better roll each piece into a ball. Then gently flatten and the patties will be about 3cm thick. Set these in the fridge, covered for 30 minutes.
- Cook the burgers to your desired level of perfection, I am a fan of rare so I do about 4 minutes each side. Be sure not to press on the burgers or you will lose all the flavor and dry out your burger.
- Last step place on the bun, and on the top lay down two slices of cooked beet.Get creative and add that beet to the burger. When cooking beets be careful as the beautiful color stains clothes.
And my fries!!!
- olive oil
- 5 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch long slices, then 1/4-wide inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment.
In a large bowl toss sweet potatoes with oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Bake until tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 15 minutes. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.